© 2019-2020 All rights reserved Best Cost Store
10 Best Paper Shredders
59,004 Sales Signals Scanned
Fellowes 3229902 Powershred99Ci Jam Proof Cross Cut Shredder
- SafeSense Technology stops shredder when hands touch the paper opening
- SilentShred offers ultra-quiet shredder performance for shared workspaces
- Energy Savings System provides optimal energy efficiency 100-Percent of the time-in use and out of use
- Shreds 18 sheets per pass into 5/32-Inch x 1-1/2-Inch cross-cut particles (Security Level P-4)
- Maximum run time: 30 on/40 off
Fellowes 4964001 AutoMax 350C 350-Sheet Cross-Cut Auto Feed Shredder, Black
- Patented AccuFeed system automatically shreds stacks of paper including documents with staples and paper clips. Simply load the drawer, press start, and walk away
- Shreds stacks of paper up to 350 sheets automatically or 12 sheets at a time manually for 45 minutes, completing shredding jobs in one sitting
- Shreds documents into 5/32 x 11/2 cross-cut particles for enhanced security to keep your sensitive information safe
- Also shreds credit cards, CDs/DVDs, glossy paper and junk mail
- Auto reverse stops and reverses paper jams, reducing time-consuming frustrations
Bonsaii Paper Shredder, Super Micro cut (1/26 by 5/21 inches) with 7.9 Gallons Wasterbasket, 240 Minutes Continuous Shredding, 5 Sheets, White (5S30)
- Raise Work Efficiency – Heavy duty shredding machine’s continuous running time up to 240 minutes without stopping for destroying mass private paper, credit card, CD/DVD, clip and staples documents at the speed of 6.5 feet per minute.
- Help Safeguard Your Identity – High-security super micro-cut paper shredder makes a great choice for effectively protecting personal data. It can shred 5 sheets (A4 size, 75g/m2) at one time into tiny particles measuring 1/26 by 5/21 inches, meeting security level P6 standards.
- Maintain Quiet Indoor Environment – With 58dB ultra-low noise, it helps to eliminate noisy disruptions and makes a silent workspaces for home, office, commercial business, embassy and industrial use.
- Automatic Jam Clearance – Equipped with an ultra-reliable and ultra-durable automatic anti-jam system, Bonsaii 5S30 shredder‘s cutter could automatically reverses to prevent the jam happening in the first place when over-loading.
- Add Convenience of Using – With a 8 gallons large pull-out wastebasket, it could hold a lot of paper scrapes by seeing through transparent window and reduce emptying times. Also, installing a 0.37 gallons separate small bin is to collect CD/DVD and credit card pieces.
Fellowes Automax 200c 200-Sheet Cross-Cut Auto Feed Shredder for Hands-Free Shredding (4653501), Black
- Automatic shredding for maximum productivity, 200 sheet automatic and 10 sheet manual shredding capacity
- AccuFeed System-fast automatic shredding for medium usage, 8.5 gallon pull-out bin
- Auto Reverse stops and reverses paper if a jam occurs. Noise Level at No Load (dB) is 60
- SilentShred offers ultra-quiet performance for shared workspaces
- Energy saving Sleep Mode feature shuts down the shredder after 2 minutes of inactivity
- Innovative touch screen technology with back-lit LEDs
- Shreds documents into 5/32” x 1-1/2” cross-cut particles (Security Level P-4)
Our experts scan sales signals daily to list the best products in the market to buy. Factors that are also considered are product features, online popularity, consumer reviews, brand reputation, prices and many more factors.
Fellowes Powershred LX20M Micro Cut 12 Sheet Paper Shredder (Black)
- Patent pending intellibar offers next generation responsiveness for superior shredding performance
- Effortlessly power through paper jams with 100% jam proof technology
- Monitor real time performance with bin full and runtime indicators and optimize how many sheets to feed at one time with the efficiency meter
- Integrated safe sense technology keeps shredding safe and accident free
- Shreds 12 sheets of paper per pass into 1,257 5/32 inch x 1/2 inch (security level P-4) micro-cut particles for enhanced security. Also shreds staples, paper clips, and credit cards
Fellowes 12MS30 Powershred Micro-Cut Deskside Paper Shredder 4633901
- Shreds 12 sheets per pass into 5/32” x ½” micro-cut particles (security level P-4) for superior security on highly confidential documents to help keep your information safe
- Provides powerful desk side shredding and, in addition to paper, can also shreds staples, paper clips, credit cards, and Unopened junk mail
- Auto reverse feature stops and reverse paper if a jam occurs, helping to reduce jams and frustration
- Safe sense technology stops shredding when hands touch The paper opening, protecting more than just your identity
- Shreds continuously for up to 30 minutes before a cool down period is needed allowing you to complete heavy-sized shredding jobs in one sitting
Fellowes 4605801 49C Cross-Cut Shredder
Bonsaii EverShred C149-D 12-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper Shredder, 60 Minutes Running Time, 62 dB Low Operation Noise, Draw-Out 6 Gallon Basket with 4 Casters, Black
- 60-minute continuous running time meets your heavy-duty use for large office and home
- Shreds up to 14 sheets at a single pass into tiny particles measuring 5/32 x 25/64 inches, reaches P-4 high-security, keeps your privacy
- Auto start/stop and manual reverse jam-proof system with 62 dB quiet operation, helps you clear out the paper jams easily
- Destroys credit cards/staples/clips, fulfills your diverse requirements
- 6-gallon pull-out wastebasket with large transparent window is easy to see when the bin is full and less frequently to empty
Get exclusive content, deals, and tips from BEST COST STORE delivered to your inbox.
How To Find The Best Paper Shredders
Best paper shredders, at a first glance, all look about the same. But, closer inspection reveals many differences that can make a big difference in how well your paper gets destroyed. In addition to the obvious differences between each model, there are some smaller differences as well that will affect how well the shredder performs. The main differences are the size of the cutting surface and the different shred lengths. Let’stake a look at these and see what they mean to you. You’ll also discover how a few simple guidelines will help you find the best paper shredders for your needs.
Shredded Paper Size: There are many models available, but the best paper shredders all use a single core saw blade, regardless of size. The smaller the shredding surface, the more pieces of paper will be able to be shredded simultaneously. However, keep in mind that the bigger the piece, the slower the shredding action will be. Diamond or cross-cutting shredders are good for small shredding jobs because the cross-cutting action will cut many pages at once. Micro-chips shred the pages faster than ever before because they use a tiny electric motor to shred the pages.
How Many Pages Can Be Shredded: Most reviews of best paper shredders say that at least one page can be shredded for every ten sheets of paper that are shredded. The more pages, the longer it will take. Some reviewers actually indicate that it takes up to three days to shred forty-two pages. If you don’t need that many pages then go with the speed that the shredders indicate. However, if you do need a lot of pages and plan to use your home office for work or home entertainment, then get a model with options for multiple shredding.
Is Data Valuable Or Not? – This is one question that every shredder buyer wants answered. Reviews of these types of appliances will vary, but many customer service representatives note that sensitive data, such as tax records and credit card bills, are often great candidates for a paper shredder. While tax and credit card bills will be destroyed completely, sensitive documents such as social security numbers may not.
Does It Have Page Count? – Most reviews of paper shredders indicate that there is a certain number of pages that must be shredded before the documents will be destroyed. Most models come with a maximum page capacity. The higher the number of pages, the longer it will take the shredder to process the documents. However, the higher the security level, the longer the shredding will last.
Does It Have Cross-Cut Paper Shredders? – Some shredders only shred cross-cutting sheets; others shred everything. Some companies such as Strategic Data Corp. (starck) Bestar Inc. (penet) and Cipro Inc. (crosscut paper shredders) have models that only shred cross-cutting paper, while other models are available with cross cut as well as other options. A good crosscut shredder will definitely increase the time it takes to shred certain documents. If this is an option you require in a paper shredder, look for a company with a model that offers both features.
How Many Pages Can It Shred? – The best shredders can handle up to 1500 sheets in a single sitting. Some companies, such as Bestar, claim that they can shred three thousand sheets in one sitting. Most commercial grade office paper shredders can handle between one and three hundred sheets. If you need this much paper handled at the time of publishing, the price of these models would be up to double the price of your average home model.
How Does it Work? – There are two parts to shredders. The first is the metal strip, which is called the wire, and the second is the plastic cutting board or shredder. To shred paper, the shredder rotates a wire around a chamber, which melts the paper into shreds.
What Materials Can They Shred? – Paper can be shredded using paper, plastic or cardboard materials. However, fellowes shredders also come in a variety of metals that make them appropriate for different projects. For example, there are metal shredders that shred sterling silver, copper, tin, brass and steel.
Who Uses Them? – Any company or firm that deals with sensitive documents needs to invest in shredders to take care of their waste. Paper shredders ensure that the information saved within is safe and does not get into the wrong hands. Among the many companies and firms that utilize shredders are: credit card companies, insurance companies, real estate brokers, lawyers, banks, government agencies and physicians.
When it comes to reviews, consumers give high marks to a product if it has good performance and is easy to operate and maintain. Reviews also reveal what the critics liked best about the product, the price, the features and whether or not the product was a good fit for their organization. While there are several products on the market, only a few can say that they were built well, have durable components and use the latest technology to protect information. If you are looking for a paper shredder, make sure it fits all your needs.
Common Questions About Paper Shredders
How to un jam a paper shredder? You may be asking yourself this question as most people who are interested in shredding papers find it very challenging to do so. In fact, this is the main reason why some people find shredding papers very difficult and even impossible. Well, all of these challenges can be easily overcome if you have the right knowledge about how to unjam a paper shredder. This article will explain the simple ways on how you can properly do this so that your papers will be shredded properly every time you open or close your shredder.
As you already know, it is always best to maintain your shredder’s machine with oil so as to make it run smoothly. However, if you notice that your shredders running slowly and with some problems (such as jamming) that is usually a result of a lack of lubrication, the answer to your problem is quite simple and just lies in adding lubricant. Some of the commonly used lubricants are grease-based ones, silicon oil, mineral oil and the like.
To remove the old lubricant from the machine, you need to first remove the four sets of blades located at the four corners of the machine. You can do this by opening the machine’s doors first and then lifting the machine’s lid. After that, you can access the four sets of blades by removing the tabs of the latches located below the feed roller. Once you are able to get to the four sets of blades, you can remove them by simply pulling them towards themselves.
There are different types of paper jams that most of the machines encounter. The simplest paper jam happens when the rollers are jammed together and cannot move forward anymore. To fix the said jam, all you have to do is to turn the roller over while keeping the raised roller flat against the table. This will help the rollers slide one by one out of the jam. There are times when the jam comes from the interlocking tabs which are located on either side of the feed roller. To fix this, you have to pull the tabs off the two sides of the jam.
Another common type of paper jam is caused by the clogging of the shredder. In order to unjam the machine, all you have to do is to remove the paper from the feed. Now take the paper and put it in the trash can. Do not put any additional papers in the machine, as they will only cause the jam to happen again. While the paper is in the trash, you can also use compressed air to blow out all the jam.
The third most common reason why the shredder jams occur is because there is some debris inside the machine. You can remove all these small bits of debris by utilizing a small pair of scissors. Once you have cut the paper, you have to place it in another container for several hours. On the other hand, if the jam appears, you have to inspect the entire feed mechanism. Sometimes, it can be caused by some worn or stripped for parts.
A few more ways on how to unjam a paper jam is by using alcohol and a Q-tip to clean out the areas between the rollers. Then, you can use the same solution and apply it on the areas that have been jammed. If you find no improvement, then you can try to take apart the device. You may want to dismantle it to take out the jammed components.
Another quick fix on how to unjam a paper jam is by using compressed air. Just make sure that the air pressure is right when you are trying to dislodge the jammed components. Just take your screwdriver and tap it into the edges of the feed mechanism. The main problem can be solved by lubricating the sliding parts.
WOLVERINE 18-Sheet 60 Mins Running Time Cross Cut High Security Level P-4 Heavy Duty Paper/CD/Card Ultra Quiet Shredder for Home Office with 6 Gallons Pullout Waste Bin SD9113(Black ETL)
- CROSS CUT HIGH SECURITY LEVEL P-4 paper shredder to secure confidential information. The paper slot blade shreds max 18-sheet paper with staples/clips or a credit card into particles measuring 5/32″ x 1-3/8″ (4mm x 35mm); The CD slot blade cuts one CD or a credit card into 3 strip pieces.
- CONTINUOUS RUNNING TIME UPTO 60 MINUTES 18 sheets heavy duty shredder which is operated by a patented cooling system
- LOW NOISE LEVEL 58dB ultra quiet shredder for home office; 6 gallons pull-out waste bin with large easy viewing transparent window
- SUPER ALLOY STEEL CUTTER shreds through staples, paper, clips,credit cards and junk mails at ease.
- JAM REVERSE SYSTEM can automatically detect and clear paper jams, It’s ETL listed for safety.